Reserve Our Space
The Arab American Cultural Center (ARABAMCC) is available at no charge for meetings and events organized by UIC affiliated organizations and departments. We ask anyone who uses the ARABAMCC to please follow our rules and regulations for renting out the space. Failure to do so will result in denial of future space requests.
- No organization, department, or unit other than the one who reserved the space may use the it at that time.
- Space requests are on a first-come-first-serve basis. The space is not guaranteed until we send you a confirmation and you return the forms signed and dated.
- Notice of cancellation must be received at least three days prior to the scheduled event.
- Sales & Fundraising: Permission for any sales and/or fundraising must be approved by the Director of the center.
- All University regulations are expected to be followed.
- All Minors (under 18) in the space must be supervised by UIC staff/faculty.
- ARABAMCC reserves the right to only approve meetings and events that align with its mission.
Room Set up/Clean up:
- We will only provide the standard set-up of the center. Any additional chairs and tables will need to be set up and dismantled by UIC movers. You will be responsible to make this arrangement and pay the fee to them. The maximum-seated capacity in the Gallery is 65 people.
- Chairs are not to be moved or taken out of the room.
- The room must be left in the same condition it was found.
- You must set up and clean after your event. The ARABAMCC staff and interns are not available to do this.
Food and beverages:
- Unauthorized possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- The ARABAMCC will not store any leftover food. All leftovers must be taken away after your event/meeting or placed in garbage bags provided by the center for disposal
- You are responsible to make sure nothing is left over in the center at the conclusion of your event.
- The aisle leading to the exit door must be kept clear and unobstructed at ALL times.
- Candles or other open flames are not allowed. Smoking is prohibited. UIC is a tobacco free campus.
Hours of Operation:
- Center hours are 9:30am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. You can request the space for after hours: weekdays 5pm to 8pm.
- The center is not available on weekends, unless otherwise noted by the ARABAMCC. (fee may apply)
After your event:
The next working day after your event, turn in or email the sign—in sheet with names and emails of event participants to the ARABAMCC.