Points of Unity
1. The ARABAMCC is an inclusive and welcome space. We are committed to respecting intersectional identities and affirming differences of racial/ethnic, class, ability, gender, sexuality, immigration status, and religion.
2. Our center is a space for and about the many diverse Arab and Muslim identities and diasporic cultures that are connected in one way or another to Arab and/or Muslim histories, traditions, and communities.
3. We are committed to building bridges, community solidarity across differences, across campus, and with the Chicagoland area.
4. We affirm the diversity of opinions, but discourage toxic, oppressive, and divisive discourse. Sexism, homophobia, transphobia racism, ableism, and classism are not welcome at the center.
5. We believe in advocating for social justice and equity for all.
6. We believe in working with and alongside underserved, underrepresented, and marginalized communities in the United States and globally.
7. We are committed to ending anti-Blackness in our communities.
8. We work to further gender justice including empowerment for women, queer, and trans people.
9. We are committed to building power and brave spaces on campus.
10. We believe in protecting our environment and support environmentally-friendly efforts.
11. We acknowledge that we exist on Native land and are committed to accountability to Native American land struggles in our communities and the spaces where we work, live, and study.
Click here for a downloadable version