Campus Advisory Committee
The Campus Advisory Group provides support to the work and growth of the ArabAmCC. The Campus Advisory Group represent a diverse group of UIC students, faculty, staff, and Alumni. The roles and responsibilities of the Campus Advisory Group include:
- Advocating on behalf of the ArabAmCC’s mission within the University and the Arab and Arab American community in Chicago and beyond
- Identifying resources in order to achieve ArabAmCC yearly goals
- Attend and promote ArabAmCC campus programming
- Consider and suggest collaborative programming, partnership ideas, academic support for students, and fundraising to ArabAmCC staff.
- Provide Counsel on as needed basis to ArabAmCC team.
The Director of the ArabAmCC selects members for the Campus Advisory Group. Each member shall serve a 2-year term. Terms are renewable for members that are engaged with the ArabAmCC as described in the roles and responsibilities.
The Campus Advisory Group meets one time per academic year in the fall semester. The Director of the ARABAMCC is responsible to develop the agenda and facilitate the meeting. In addition, the Director will meet with individual members to seek their specific expertise when needed.
The Campus Advisory Group members will receive email announcements from the ArabAmCC listserv. The Center Director will maintain communication and seek consultation as needed with the group.